- Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) – www.fdhc.state.fl.us
Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) champions accessible, affordable, quality health care for all Floridians.
- Florida Search for Physician Professional Liability Closed Claims
When you reach this page, click the “OK” button. Then click the Search link which takes you to a page where you can enter a Florida provider category, name and county. Provides a summary of closed claims against physicians, dentists, and hospitals for malpractice claims. – www.floir.com
- American Medical Association On-Line Doctor Finder – www.extapps.ama-assn.org/doctorfinder/recaptcha.jsp
Learn more about your physician’s training and education.
- Nursing Home Compare from US Government – www.medicare.gov/NursingHomeCompare/search.aspx?version=default&browser=Firefox|3.6|WinXP&language=English&defaultstatus=0&pagelist=Home&CookiesEnabledStatus=True&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
The primary purpose of this tool is to provide detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country.
- Florida Health Finder – www.floridahealthfinder.gov/index.html
Connecting Florida with health care information
- Compare Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgery Centers – www.floridahealthfinder.gov/CompareCare/SelectChoice.aspx
Compare performance and outcome data and view information on selected medical conditions and procedures in different types of health care facilities.
- Find your local Health and Human Services Office – www.fdhc.state.fl.us/Contact/Maps/index.shtml
For managed care and health quality, Medicaid, and investigative services
- WebMD – www.webmd.com
Description from WebMD: “WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information.”
- MEDLINEplus – www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus
A service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health with information on hundreds of diseases, conditions and wellness issues.
Description from MEDLINEplus: MEDLINEplus has extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other trusted sources on over 650 diseases and conditions. There are also lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia and a medical dictionary, health information in Spanish, extensive information on prescription and nonprescription drugs, health information from the media, and links to thousands of clinical trials.
The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. The information on this website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. This information is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship. Rather, you should contact us or other competent counsel to obtain legal advice or representation.